Dual Enrollment


Students are encouraged to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program at Cabrillo College, BYU, UC Scout, or other accredited institution as well as enrollment in Advanced Placement courses available at SLVHS.

Ways to Earn College Credit/Concurrent enrollment - Students may meet graduation requirements with up to 40 credits taken at outside, accredited educational institutions. For courses taken outside of CRHS to be placed on the official transcript, the student must be preapproved by the student’s guidance/academic counselor, must be documented with a release form and verified by the institution's transcript.

Hundreds of students jumpstart their college education by enrolling at Cabrillo College while they are still in high school. High school students may attend classes at Cabrillo for free, with the permission of their high school, through Dual Enrollment. For every one unit of college credit received at Cabrillo, students also receive 3.33 units of high school credit (no more than 10 high school credits for a one-semester class that is replacing a high school 2-semester course) making Dual Enrollment a great way to catch up or get ahead on high school unit requirements.

Students are limited to receiving no more than 40 credits (4-Cabrillo courses) over the course of 4 years of high school. Students may continue to participate in the Dual Program after acquiring 40 high school credits to focus on continuing to build their college credits/transcript only.

  • As of Fall 2018, Dual Enrollment students are no longer required to pay student fees. However, you can opt-in to paying student fees for access to basic healthcare at Student Health Services and/or a Santa Cruz Metro bus pass.
  • Many Dual Enrollment classes are approved for transfer to the UC/CSU systems.
  • You can enroll in classes numbered 1-199. State law prohibits Cabrillo from offering Basic Skills classes (200 level classes) to high school students.
  • You can take any appropriate class that has available space.
  • You must apply to Cabrillo using CCCApply and submit a signed Dual Enrollment Form EACH TERM - (fall, spring, summer) before you can register for classes.
  • Want to take English or math? We strongly advise that you complete our placement process to help you determine the right classes for you. Attend a Placement & Planning Workshop by calling 831.479.6165 to reserve a spot. Please see our Placement website for more information.

      Go to Apply and Register to begin the Dual Enrollment process.