First Steps:

1. Read through the entire Coast Redwood High School website to understand that you are considering a home school program and you are understanding your roll as a Parent Learning Coach to your student. CRHS is not a credit recovery program nor is it a temporary placement. Enrollment is a full year commitment. Twelfth grade students may not transfer back to their former high school, second semester, of their senior year. *Students are discouraged from transferring back and forth between high schools as colleges wish to see school consistency on a transcript.

2. Set-up an appointment with your student's current high school counselor to discuss their transfer options. Coast Redwood requires an email confirmation from the student's high school counselor that a meeting has taken place PRIOR to your inquiry visit.

3. Print the Home School Intake Form and Enrollment Application (noted at the top). Fill out both forms and return it to the Charter Registrar. The Charter Registrar will tell you whether there is immediate placement or a temporary wait list, or recommendations to other alternative schools in Santa Cruz County and within the SLV area. Our student/teacher ratio to 26:1. Stay enrolled in your present high school until you hear from the Registrar as to how to move forward.

4. Call for an appointment (831-335-0909) for a inquiry visit at Coast Redwood and to receive more information. Parents must bring with them their students unofficial transcript and current schedule with them to this meeting. This may be obtained from their students present high school counselor.

5. After your visit to Coast Redwood, and all parties agree that it is an appropriate fit for your student, and there is space, you will be directed to return to the Charter Registrar to fill-out the Enrollment Packet.  *Do not withdraw your student until all paper work is submitted to the Charter Registrar.

You will need to bring the following materials upon submitting your enrollment packet:
   a) Student birth certificate
   b) Immunization records (please include proof of the Tdap (Whooping cough) immunization for students in grades 7-12)
   c) Official transcript of grades/credits from previous school
   d) If student is a Special Education student, a current IEP must be provided at the time of    
       registration, or we cannot enroll the student.
   e) Withdrawal clearance from the student's prior high school (see the next step below)

Concurrently, your student will need to withdraw from their current high school.
   a) Request a withdrawal form from the high school registrar or counselor.
   b) The student is required to check-out of each of their classes, with a teacher signature, as well as, the student is required to be checked off by both the high school Librarian and the Textbook Room. All fees and fines must be paid prior to enrollment into this Charter School.

6. Return your enrollment packet with all of the above required materials to the Registrar. 

7. You will receive a telephone call or email from your assigned Supervising Teacher, to set-up your student's first planning meeting.  In this meeting, courses will be discussed, and materials will be assigned. Bring any educational materials you may wish to use, as you begin your journey as a home school family and as your students' Parent Learning Coach.

8. Students from a comprehensive high school must complete all finals prior to transfer in order to receive their credits. Coast Redwood HS does not enroll students from comprehensive high schools 1/2 through a semester, unless the students' high school is on the quarter system. It is in the best interest of the student to complete their studies, and take their finals so not to loose credits, and become credit deficit upon enrolling at Coast Redwood High School.

9. Coast Redwood is not a credit-recovery program. Students who are deficient in credits, will be counseled to consider a school placement through Santa Cruz County Alternative Education, that requires less than 230 credits to graduate in four years. This is a discussion the student and parent must have with your outgoing high school counselor and with a Supervising Teacher at your first Coast Redwood inquiry visit.


The SLVUSD Charter registrar is able to assist you with:

  • Enrolling students
  • Withdrawing students
  • Transcripts -
     Complete Transcript Request Form
  • Verifying graduation status
  • Address/phone/parent or guardian information updates


To verify graduation status (if you are an employer):

  • Mail your request to:

           SLVUSD Charter
           325 Marion Avenue
           Ben Lomond, CA  95005
           Attn:  Registrar


  • Please include:
    $5.00 processing fee
    A signed release form from the individual you are verifying
    the year the individual graduated 


To withdraw a student from Charter School:

  • Parent/guardian must request to withdraw student in person, and
  • Must complete a checkout sheet and exit interview with their teacher of record
  • Must be listed in our records as authorized to withdraw student
  • All books must be returned and/or fines paid in full


Requesting transcripts:

         Complete Transcript Request Form

  • Cost: $5.00 per transcript
  • Name and address of where transcript is to be mailed